A neat, attractive and elegant bathroom
is dream of every homeowner. However, it can be a bit tricky and
a backbreaking job to get an all-in-one bathroom that has both beauty
and functionality with storage
space to house your supplies. This task seems difficult but
with proper planning and skill, you can get the perfect bathroom
cabinets that provide storage with elegance.
doubt, the best way to add beauty and functionality to your bathroom
is the bathroom wall cabinets.
Utility of Wall-Mounted Cabinets for Bathroom
Is your bathroom in a messy condition? Don’t you have proper storage space where you can store your bathroom supplies and toiletries? Are your bathroom vanity surfaces cluttered and packed with maximal disorderly arranged bathroom artifacts? If you are facing all the above mentioned problems, then bathroom wall cabinets are there to help you organize all your bathroom supplies and equipment in an organized manner.
These days people store numerous bottles of lotions, perfumes, deodorants
and common usage items like toilet papers, hair dryers, shavers,
toothbrushes and toothpaste etc. to get all the supplies at one
place. For this reason, a typical bathroom medicine cabinet that
was fixed on top of sinks is now only used for keeping medicines
or other basic supplies and now, even these medicine cabinets are
getting outdated. Instead, wall mounted cabinets
are being used in the bathrooms that provide elegance and ample
storage with easy access.
Tips for Buying Bathroom Wall Cabinets
- Home Improvement Retailers: For buying
bathroom wall cabinets, you can simply pay a
visit to the home improvement stores near you. They have a big
collection of bathroom wall cabinets and let you pick up the ones
of your choice.
- Searching Online: If you were not able to find
what you were looking for in a store, then you should conduct
an online search. There you will find endless variety
in materials and designs
of bathroom wall cabinets. On the other hand, the prices there
could be a bit higher due to shipping costs and it might take
one week for processing and delivery of the goods. Always make
a purchase keeping in mind the complete tariff/pricing the online
- Building your own Bathroom Wall Cabinet: If you are still not satisfied and didn’t get what you were looking for, then you have the ultimate choice; “to build your own bathroom wall cabinet”. Remember, building your own bathroom wall cabinet is not just easy as you think about it. You should plan everything with care before you start building.
If you don’t want to do this,
find a semi-custom wall cabinet to meet your specifications as well
as bathroom requirements.
Customization Options in Bathroom Wall Cabinets
The choice of a bathroom wall cabinet depends upon your requirements, style and convenience.
- Glass: You can find bathroom wall cabinets with and without mirrors. If you don’t like a mirror in the wall cabinet but like it with a glass front, there are even more choices. You can buy a plain glass or a foggy one. Similarly, you can purchase an etched or non-etched glass.
- Doors: When it comes to cabinet
doors, there are two types; triple door and two door bathroom
- Designs: You can choose from a variety
of designs in bathroom wall cabinets. In general, there are three
styles available; antique, contemporary and country style.
- Shelving: You can consider adding shelves or partitions as per the needs for storage space in your bathroom.
Many homeowners do not regard bathroom wall cabinets as a décor option since these cabinets are not handily replaced. The idea that a wall cabinet must be built inside the wall shows lack of insight as it might not be possible in all the cases. A cabinet can also be hung from a wall with help of a mountain system.
You need to keep the bathroom
supplies in mind for which you require space while determining how
much wall space it would take for installing extra bathroom wall
cabinets. Here we present
some guidelines on how to install
bathroom wall cabinets:
- Determine the position of the bathroom wall where the cabinets are going to be fixed.
- Define a level horizontal line on the place where the bottom of each wall cabinet will be positioned.
- Countercheck the design by spotting the dimensions for the cabinets and their location on the wall.
- Make a parallel with the top edge of a passing 1*3 inches hold-up railing through the line for the bottom edge of the cabinets.
- Fix a few 2-inched screws into the wall studs.
- Make pilot holes all the way through the tougher part of the cabinet back or the hold-up railing into wall studs.
- Fasten the cabinet to the wall with the help of two long screws to make a way into the wall studs with no less distance than 1.5 inches.
In short, bathroom cabinets
can easily be fitted to the wall above the sink or anywhere else.
They not only provide you with a functional storage solution
but at the same time add a touch of style
to the bathroom.